Day 13: Until Next Time

DSC_0321We had spent quite a bit of time in Seattle by this point, yet had not been to see the iconic Space Needle. After morning traffic and numerous detours, we finally made it there. Thankfully, we didn’t have to wait long to get up to the top. Once there, we were greeted with a beautiful panoramic view of Seattle and the nearby suburbs. We even lucked out to get plentiful sunshine and mostly clear skies that allowed us to see for miles.

The whole lookout floor was covered in material and fun facts to read. Reading about its origin was fascinating! It was originally created for the World’s Fair in 1962. It went through many challenges during the construction, but the final product stands 605 feet tall, was created to withstand wind up to 200 mph, and has a foundation of concrete 30 feet thick. It is truly an interesting and exciting place to visit.


At the base of the Space Needle, there is a tramway called the Alweg Monorail. The trams come every 10 to 15 minutes going to and from the Space Needle and downtown Seattle. Since our time was cut short at Pikes Place Market the night before, due to it closing, we decided to hop on the tram and head there again. We were pleased to find that it was only three blocks from the monorail’s last stop.

DSC_0282Pikes Place Market was bustling and in full swing. I am so happy we decided to go down there again because we really got a good show of the market. There were artist, human statues, lots of smells, and a little fish throwing. I requested a stop at the French bakery, Le Panier, for some bread and croissants, which were scrumptious. We took lots of pictures until we decided it was time to head back. As we were exiting, we came across the Ellenos Real Greek Yogurt shop. After getting a sample, we knew we had to buy some more. We were not disappointed with our lemon curd and mixed berry yogurt as we walked back to the monorail.

After enjoying our last few hours together in Seattle, Kyle dropped me off at the airport, and I flew to Utah to visit my family. Here is where our trip becomes a bit confusing. Technically our adventures continued, but we were in two different states. Kyle had been given permission from his supervisor to work from “home” in Washington. Check in tomorrow to find out why.




Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s