A lot has happened in the last month. Usually I would make a special post about each, but there is so much to tell and not much time. So, in summary, here is what has happened in May:
– My parent’s dog, Tessa, had 11 puppies! Unfortunately, one of the girl pups didn’t make it, but they are still left with 10 beautiful yellow lab pups running around. If you are in or near Utah, and are wanting to buy a puppy, check out their website. Kyle and I want to adopt one of them into our family, but with our current work schedule and living arrangements, it isn’t going to work. Someday, though. In the meantime, I am in serious puppy love.
– Of course we celebrated Cinco de Mayo with some Mexican food. That’s how made up holidays are supposed to be celebrated, right?
– Kyle and I finally got to use the Christmas gift from Kyle’s brother and our sister-in-law. We really enjoyed our meal at The Cheesecake Factory. Thanks Nate and Julie! You spoiled us.
– We have become obsessed with The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings all over again (we’ve always been big fans, it’s just been resurfacing as of late). We listen to this song over and over again, and we even spent a night watching hours of behind the scenes footage because just watching the movies wasn’t enough! Also, we want to go to New Zealand.
– I’ve been trying one new recipe per week. Sometimes they go really well, like the berry tart pictured above. Sometimes Kyle reminds me that he likes to keep things simple… aka, it didn’t taste very good. Usually, I agree with him.
– I, along with some of my students participated in a Cathedral Dance Festival. Four of my pieces were performed, adjudicated, and received great feedback! We also got to take classes, a seminar, and then participate in and watch a Gala performance at the end of the night. I’m so proud of my dancers!
– Last but not least, we took a trip to Chicago! Which I prepared for by re-reading Divergent. Posts from that packed and exciting trip will be coming next week.